Saturday, May 08, 2010

What Am I Waiting For?

As Gaffer Gamgee told his son, "it's the job that's never started that takes the longest to finish".  This sage advice attributed to the old Gaffer and repeated by Sam in the chapter "The Mirror of Galadriel" certainly applies to this blog.  Many months ago I spent a considerable amount of time trying to get everything in order and ready for posting.  Oh I had such grand designs and planned to post frequently on my various projects, games, and ideas.  But, as one can tell by the dates, I've failed epically in the task.


It's not that I've ignored the blog.  The problem is quite the opposite actually.  Immediately following my last post, I began to document every project, game, or notion that came along.  Photos were compiled, notes taken, drafts created but absolutely zero output was placed on the blog.  The reason?  I wanted everything to be perfect I guess.  I kept gathering more and more material and telling myself I need to edit this or rearrange that before making a post.  My plans kept getting in the way of execution until I had such a backlog of material and ideas, that the simple task of putting those on the screen seemed overwhelming.

Well no more.  It's time to get started or to retire the blog that never was.  Over the next few days, I'll open the flood gates and let all those posts that have been building for the past several months come pouring out.  Hopefully the outcome will be less of a natural disaster and more along the lines of a controlled damn release.

So Gaffer, I'm taking your advice and getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment